For Emerging Underrepresented Writers
Feb 09, 2016
Mar 01, 2016
|Top 60 Semi-finalists Notified||
Mar 21, 2016
|Top 12 Finalists Notified||
Apr 06, 2016
Apr 15, 2016
This contest is a joint venture between Project Greenlight Digital Studios and ColorCreative TV. We’re looking for underrepresented voices in media. If you feel like you have a point of view that’s rare in the entertainment world, then here’s your chance to speak up!
Three winning writers will be partnered with a seasoned showrunner, director and line producer to create a digital anthology series. Each of the three winning writers will receive a $5,000 prize; one of the winning writer’s pitches will be selected for development.
The Theme and your Pitch:
The theme of the series will be “Trophy.” To enter, all you need to do is submit a 1-pagepitch for your series idea in PDF format. Entrants will be narrowed down to a group of 60 semi-finalists, then 12 final-round finalists, before selecting the three winners. Your submission must use the Trophy theme, in any way you like. Your entry is due by 11:59 PM PST March 1st, 2016.
What does “Trophy” mean, you ask? Well, what does it mean to be part of a team and to strive toward a common goal, while dealing with individual setbacks, success and everyday life? Or what does it mean to go it alone?
We’re looking for dramatic or comedic pitches that explore the idea of what it means to be a winner – whether solo or as part of an ensemble – and what lengths people go through to obtain a symbol of victory. Your pitch can be about any world you choose – competitive sports, work, beauty – anything. The setting is vague on purpose! We want you
to be creative. It’s your voice, so make it your own.
- Limited to one page. Longer pitches will not be eligible for judging.
- Include the working title for your series.
- Must be an anthology, meaning a series that presents a different story and a different set of characters in each episode or season.
- Should include information on setting, tone, genre: all the things that you would generally include in a good pitch.
- Be clear about the characters: who are they? (No more than 5 main roles).
- Where does the story take place?
- How do you intend to tell this story over 6 to 8 short episodes (6-10 minutes per episode).
- Single writers only. Sorry, writing teams are not eligible for this contest.
- Your pitch sheet MUST be limited to one page (about 500 words).
- Please note that winners will be required to relocate to Los Angeles for 90 days in late spring to work on the series.
- PGLDS/CC.TV will provide writers that live more than 50mi away from Los Angeles with a travel stipend. If you cannot relocate, please do not enter the contest.
Three winning writers will receive $5,000 each and be partnered with a showrunner, director and line producer to create a digital anthology series to be produced for distribution in the second half of 2016.
1. How do I enter the contest?
Upload a one page pitch for an original anthology series. The pitch must be no longer than 1 page, and must clearly state your anthology series concept. Click here for a complete list of the creative requirements.
2. Do I need a Facebook account to enter the contest?
Yes, at this time in order to enter a Project Greenlight Digital Studios contest, you must have your own Facebook account. Please do not use another user's account to submit.
3. Can I enter if I’m not a U.S. resident?
Not currently. While we hope to extend Project Greenlight Digital Studios competitions to other countries in the near future, right now, you must be a U.S. resident (and 18+ years of age) to enter. For complete contest terms, click here.
4. Can I submit via smartphone?
While your smartphone’s browser may support mobile submission, we recommend submitting via desktop for best results.
5. What happened to my entry?
If you got a confirmation screen on projectgreenlight.com after you uploaded your entry, don’t worry – it’s been submitted. If you did not, or have another question, please email us at email@example.com.
6. How many entries am I allowed to submit?
Only 1 entry per person is allowed.
See the official rules here.